Support 88Nine And This Artist:
There is more than one artist with this name:
1. Trio (sometimes written TRIO) was a German new wave band that formed in 1979 and disbanded in 1985. It consisted of Stephan Remmler, Gert 'Kralle' Krawinkel, and Peter Behrens.
2. TRIO (an acronym for The.Rhythm.Is.Odd), a Swedish psychedelic progressive group formed in 2006
by Bjorn Egelius, Leif Fredriksson, and Tobbe Johanson.
3. A Maldivian band.
4.A French trio, all of whom played synthesizers and two of whom played violin and cello on some works.
1. Trio were a new wave band formed in 1979 in the small town of Großenkneten, Germany and best known world wide for their 1982 hit single "Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha". The band consisted of Stephan Remmler (vocals), Gert Krawinkel (guitar) and Peter Behrens (drums).
The band was produced by former Beatles associate Klaus Voormann, who also played bass on some songs. Considered part of the "Neue Deutsche Welle" (or NDW) movement, the band reportedly preferred the name "Neue Deutsche Fröhlichkeit", which means "New German Cheerfulness", to describe their music. The band broke up in 1985.
2. A psychedelic prog group formed in Stockholm, Sweden September 2006 by the Swedish Drum legend Leif Fredriksson together with bass player Bjorn Egelius and Tobbe Johanson on guitar and vocals.
* Web page
3. A Maldivian band which is really popular in Maldives for the song 'Chaaley'.
4. A French trio, all of whom played synthesizers and two of whom played violin and cello on some works. Their work is rare but can be found free download at www.avantgardeproject.org.
The Avant Garde Project is a series of 20th-century classical-experimental-electroacoustic torrents digitized from LPs whose music has in most cases never been released on CD, and so is effectively inaccessible to the vast majority of music listeners today. This is wild stuff, so check it out if you've never heard this sort of music before. The analog rig used to extract the sound from the grooves is near state-of-the-art, producing almost none of the tracking distortion or surface noise normally associated with LPs.
AGP1-43 are now available for direct download in the archive at www.avantgardeproject.org
AGP44-47 are available at http://thepiratebay.org/user/loudav
AGP48 features the work of a French trio, all of whom play synthesizers and two of whom play violin and cello on some works. They play works by trio members as well as Philippe Mion and Bernard Parmegiani, as well as collaborative compositions. The six tracks of this installment comprise all but one of the tracks on a 2LP set on INA-GRM records. The last track, by Bernard Parmegiani, will be included in AGP49.
My personal favorite track is 05, by Philippe Mion. His sense of rhythm is reminiscent of L'Image …conduite (AGP5), as is the fugal structure he achieves through the overlapping of reiterated sound elements with gradual development in the course of the composition. The timbres are more limited in this work, but still enjoyable.
The recording and pressing of this installment is basically flawless. The torrent includes a text file with the English language notes from the set.
Equipment used for A/D conversion: Lyra Helikon phono cartridge, Linn LP12/Lingo turntable, Linn Ittok tonearm, Audioquest LeoPard tonearm cable, PS Audio PS2 preamplifier, Kimber PBJ interconnect, M-Audio Audiophile USB A/D converter. .
Read more on Last.fm
. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.
Tracks We Played
Last Played on January 26, 2015 10:06pm
Last Played on February 12, 2014 10:26am