February 2 2009
Welcome to the set list for Sound Travels now extended adventure into the rest of the week. If you've been listening, then you know by now that Sound Travels has been extended the grace of Monday's and Wednesday's to complement the fine time we'd been having on Friday. Which gives us a week of Traveling together, to get into greater detail and hopefully, expose you to sounds that you've never heard...and yet still love.
Also, I hope to have a chance to feature more ideas. Like, listener requests for places to travels to or styles of music to explore. Like bands that make global rhythms a part of their sound. Like music that simply needs more than twenty minutes to give you a feel for.
So if you have ideas, get them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are ina band that plays reggae, salsa, middle-eastern or anything else global in its orientation, give me a call or drop me a line.
This week, to kick it off, I went with a theme that The Architect, Tarik Moody, suggested: Global Jazz. So here's this Monday's set...
Global Jazz : Monday February 2nd
1. Count Ossie & The Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari "Way Back Home" from Grounation
2. Gabor Szabo "Galatea's Guitar" from Dreams
3. Parov Stelar "Winter Sun" from an Unreleased album
4. The Ipanemas "San Roque" from Bossa Nova From Way Out
5. Boris Gardner "Negril" from Calypsoul '70
6. Dom Um Romao "Cosinha II" from Dom Um Romao