April 14 2012
Today is Milwaukee Day. What does that mean? It is the day to celebrate the greates city on Earth. Milwaukee is celebrated on April 14 aka 4/14, which is Milwaukee's area code.
There are a lot great things to do today to celebrate this day, which was given an official proclamation signed by the mayor. Here are some events to check out:
Footprint Wisconsin Poster Exhibition and Party
4.14 Milwaukee Day. Saturday 14 April 2012
UWM Kenilworth, Milwaukee. 6-10 PM
Free with Registration ($5 Donation Recommended)
Poster exhibition & sale featuring talented local designers & artists. Music. Local wine, beer and food. DIY station. Photobooth. All proceeds benefit the Urban Ecology Center.
Milwaukee Day Film Fest & After Party @ Hotel Foster
* "The Wheel" - John Roberts (http://vimeo.com/15887897)
* "Missed Connections" - Susan Kerns & Kara Mulrooney
* "Violinist" - Carlo Besasie
* “Four Sure" - Dave Kiehl
* Cave Singers "Black Leaf" - Sam Macon
* "Successful Alcoholics" - Jordan Vogt-Roberts
* "Giorgio" - Lisa Gildehaus
* "Prophetic Jungle" - Xavier Ruffin
* "Global Union Music Fest" - High Frequency Media
* Altos "Altos, Sing (For Trouble)" - Sean Williamson
* The Ragadors "Death Train" - Patrick Haley
Doors Open @ 6pm.
Films start promptly at 6:30pm!
It's a wrap Milwaukee!
End the first of many Milwaukee Day celebrations at The Hotel Foster. Mr. Andy Silverman and Mr. Justin Krol will be bangin' out the party jams as the undeniably cool Party Unlimited, LLC! What's that you say... you want more?
How about special guest DJ, Mr. Andy Menchal? Huzzah we say!
You can find a lot more great events over at the Milwaukee Day website. So go out and celebrate the 414 on 4/14!!!