April 28 2011
The Scorpions "Rock You Like A Hurricane"
- The fact that this was a listener suggestion is prolly the only reason that Mark let me play this tune. Thanks Dan. We definitely love the one-off rock hits for super-occasional airplay. This is one such perfect for it.
Stevie Ray Vaughan "Texas Flood"
- The master here on a tune that is all swagger, every note bent, twangly in best-est way. And with all the flooding in the country, about right for the T5C...
Johnny Cash "Five Feet High And Rising"
- A nice topical tune from the Man. Short. Sweet. And rising...
Ann Peebles "I Can't Stop The Rain"
- Another awesome listener pick, (thanks Erin) though there are several versions of this stone soul classic, Ann Peebles makes the rain sound soooo smooooth...
The Doors "Riders On The Storm"
- Yeah, this tune has that "number one-ness," which is why we put it there in all of its ultra-long seven-and-a-half-minute glory, the perfect song for any storm...