November 21 2008
From the Wheaton Franciscan website …
If you are looking for an enjoyable and rewarding experience, consider volunteering at a Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare organization. Volunteers are people from all walks of life who are willing to devote their time, knowledge and expertise to the service of others. Our volunteers give back to the community by performing vital tasks that improve the quality of patients’ experiences. As a volunteer through Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, you can expect to feel appreciated and needed, meet many new people and learn new skills.
For more information on Wheaton Franciscan’s Volunteer Program please call 1-888-9-WHEATON.
Wheaton Franciscan Volunteers are:
Adults, ages 18 and over, who are willing to commit to six months of service.
Students, ages 14-17, who are willing to commit to a minimum of 50 hours of service.
Volunteering is a great opportunity to explore careers in the health care field, gain valuable experience or just have fun. These and many more opportunities are available at a variety of locations listed:
* Assisting families in waiting areas
* Assisting with communion and meeting other spiritual needs
* Delivering flowers and mail
* Greeting, assisting and escorting patients and visitors
* Helping with raising funds or community out reach
* Offering general assistance in patient care departments
* Providing clerical and office support
* Spending one-on-one time with patients or residents
* Supporting hospice patients, their families’ and the hospice team
* Stocking or selling in the gift shop
* And so much more
Volunteer Opportunities and Benefits:
Aside from the warm feeling you get from giving of your time and a talent, volunteering at any Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare organization also has many other perks! Choose a location near you and see what we have to offer. We would love to have you on our team!
For more information on Wheaton Franciscan’s Volunteer Program please call 1-888-9-WHEATON – and let them know that RadioMilwaukee sent you!