January 28 2014
What’s up everybody!
As some of you may already know, the Eastside Music Tour was very recently announced. For those of you who may not be in the loop, this music festival features 70 different acts from near and far that will perform in 30 different businesses along Brady Street.
The Eastside Music Festival is a great place to discover new music. Some acts may sound familiar to you because plenty have received airtime here at 88Nine, like Maritime, Ikarus Down or Soul Low, just to name a few, but there is an abundance of newbies for you to check out. In addition to new music in general, you will hear several local bands since the majority is from Milwaukee, and you'll hear them live! Many would agree that the Milwaukee music scene is undervalued, and the non-believers will find out why at the Eastside Music Festival.
On March 1, the Eastside will get louder and more rambunctious when all these performances take over Brady Street for the evening. This is surely an event you don’t want to miss. Some highlights?
- The band Why? out of Berkeley, CA is bringing their indie-folk vibes to the event and are headlining the 88nine stage at 10pm.
- Check out Fever Marlene at the K-Nation/Casablanca stage; with Kevin Dunphy's move to Minneapolis, it should be interesting to hear how the band sounds these days given their now long-distance relationship.
- Sip a cup of coffee at Rochambo and check out the UniFi Records showcase that's gonna be hip hop heavy with Dana Coppa + SpeakEasy, Webster X and Fable and the World Flat.
- Madison's Mama Digdown's Brass Band will be bringing their horn-heavy jams to the Hi-Hat Garage Stage and should be a crowd pleaser
- Or just take it all in and just enjoy the spectacle of a good street party, it's something that Milwaukee does well...
Want more? Check out the Eastside Music Tour website to see who will play and exactly where on the street you can find them!